Amanda, 22, Queer, Spanish, Atheist. I'm struggling to accept my body and find my voice in this crazy world. This blog is a mess, but I think it gets my message across.
Click here for my fandom blog
Inspired by a Tretchikoff painting, these portraits are done by Cape Town photographer Paul Cocks styled by Kate Desmarais who fashioned head-wraps out of clothing.
Model: Nargis Musawwir from Base
Hair & Makeup: Marieke Sixx
Studio and lighting: Pro Rental Cape Town
Maori Tribe - Jimmy Nelson
Tweet 1: I can see a lot of people either avoiding Plan B & ending up pregnant or attempting to take multiple doses & getting sick.
Tweet 2: anyone w a credit card (not everyone, I know) can/should use ella ella-rx.com they’ll ship it overnight $45
SIGNAL BOOST. Ella is another form of emergency contraception/the morning-after pill. It’s more effective than Plan B and can be taken up to FIVE DAYS after your mishap, rather than three days. Please spread this around; with all of the anti-choice legislation flying about and how difficult it can be for some people to get Plan B even OTC (like minors, people living in small towns, etc.), this might be the only way a lot of people can get their hands on the morning-after pill.
This sort of behavior used to irritate me until I learned about how invasive paparazzi are in America. There are no laws against it.
I’ve also realized, that by flipping off the camera, the pictures can’t be sold to magazines because of “profanity”. So really, she’s just protecting herself.
like that time Marilyn Manson went to the airport with FUCK written across his face and he kept apologizing to everyone and people with kids and stuff but he had to so the paparazzi couldn’t take and sell pictures of him
Yea dont demonize celebs who do this They are trying for privacy if only a little
Valiant Kristen Stewart Protects Friends From Invasive Media
Aiya Van Kooten everyone
This is the best story of my life
“Although she was the only one home, Van Kooten said she had no regard for her safety - instead, she said she was just overwhelmed with “rage“….. ummmmm Hero!!!
Haha, badass Muslim woman. Love it!!!
This lady is so awesome. She lives with her grandma and was studying and had a towel on her head and no shoes but she chased them out of her garden, kicked one up the arse as he climbed a fence, they dropped a camera and laptop, she flagged down a passing driver to help her continue the pursuit, and they finally caught one of them in a park and pinned him as the police arrived. Now she’s going to visit the burglar in prison for the next few months to help with his rehabilitation.
So in summary:
This lady doesn’t just defend her home and loved ones, she will hunt you down, team up with other skilled individuals, get you put away, and then teach you the consequences of your actions until you’re a valuable member of society once more.
Seriously she’s a frigging superhero.
Ooh, I want a houseboy just like him, who will look at me just like that when asking what he can do for me.
- No matter how shitty you feel, you are at your best when you’re fighting.
- Take the place of your own heroes, it’s okay and they would be proud (video: be your own hero).
- Don’t get hung up on past heroes, they are gone, remember them for their complexities, their successes,and their fuckups. Nobody is infallible. Martyrdom is not something to aspire to.
- You’ll always have critics but if you listen to them, they’ll have you.
- However, there is no shame in learning from your mistakes. It’s beautiful to grow up and to grow old.
- Don’t waste time with friends you don’t love.
- Don’t fuck with fame vampires.
- Read more than you drink.
- Write more than you smoke. (You’re not an artist if all you do is smoke weed and reblog poetry, you’re just a person who smokes weed and reblogs poetry.)
- Don’t sabotage yourself. There are plenty of people who are happy to do that for you.
- You don’t owe shit to people who don’t make you feel loved.
- Your friends will carry you home and if they don’t, find new friends.
- Do not fuck with dream killers.
- You were probably right the first time.
- Congratulate yourself for surviving regularly. You can still stare into space and say “I’m still here.” and that should be applauded.
- Don’t apologize for protecting yourself.
- Be serious about your pursuits, but there is always some time to also watch Shiba Inu videos and eat chili at 3AM.
- Tell the people you love you love them regularly. You know you’re alive some nights because they love you. That love is the lifeboat in water that drowns.
- Breathe in and out and scream if you want to. Crying is ok too. You don’t need permission and emotions don’t make you weak.
- You’ll be fine.